Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss bending 32mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got a very awkward joint, trying to connect bottle trap to a 32mm plastic pipe coming in from outside soil pipe ive tried using flexi but to long and i dont want to buy the 32mm flexi pipe from bes £28.00 from B.E.S because it eats into profit and i doubt if ill use it often so can i bend some 32mm pipe anyone know a good method

the pipe is left of the exit of the bottle trap ive tried every connection but the gap is so short you can only use one fitting at the moment im using one 135 and a tiny piece of 32mm into bottle but its warping the bottle because its that awkward

McAlpine make a range of flexi`s how much of a gap have you got to play with?:)regards turnpin

When things get tight I cut back the elbows so not as deep, re-chamfer the inside and it makes the bends a little tighter, frees up a little space. Just make sure its set before putting any strain on the joint.

just seen McAlpine MS20 135 degree bend x plain end any good?:)regards turnpin

change bottle trap for one of these...?

19282.gif

bes.co.uk item # 19282

Yes you can bend plastic pipe and form sockets but it doesnt look very professional and it can inherantly weaken the plastic

You can fill the pipe with sand for support,warm it up carefully,and it will bend.

The method i was taught to bend plastic pipe,is to fill with sand,cap both ends of the pipe and gently heat with your blow torch. but you will get a long radius bend,so may not help you out.

flush pipe??
jus a thought

you beat me to it, i have used flush pipes for whb wastes, think the first time was down to neccesity, ie didnt have a 32mm bend, and tried the flush pipe out of desperation and it fitted 32mm McAlpine multifit trap

Bending the waste pipe using sand and slowly heat the sand in the pipe and bend to desired bend only did it twice but does work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bending 32mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking to replace my water supply. I will be digging the trench on my side myself. I have all the safe dig plans etc and found the guide on...
Replies
Views
Hello All Its my first jobbie using Hep2O. Im installing a vertical mounted radiator manifold, and the feeds to wall mounter radiators. Im...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a water filter which has plastic inlet and outlet fittings like this... The suggested way is to go straight to flexible...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and waste HC2650UK...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, I’ve had a small leak from my bottle trap in the bathroom sink after the tap is turned off, which I understand is a bottle trap issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock