Discuss Best GENTLE system cleaner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

As above, got a 35-year old system with bad circulation, rust spots on radiators, etc.

I want to put some chems in the system, let it run around for a couple of weeks then mains flush rather than powerflush. I normally use Adey MC3+ but I'm not sure it's gentle enough?

Recommendations please?

spoke to the fernox rep and he told me the new fernox filter fluid is a mix of f1 and f3 and doesn't need to be flushed out of the system if a filter is fitted!

maybe that would be less harsh than mc3 but to be honest I find mc3 quite a weak cleaner

Filter fluid lol... I see fernox & sentinel now do that... apparently helps pick up even more debris & carries it back to the filter, I'm not convinced but I guess it's easy enough to test...

I'd just whack some x800 in there, I'm sure there all weak as dishwater

spoke to the fernox rep and he told me the new fernox filter fluid is a mix of f1 and f3 and doesn't need to be flushed out of the system if a filter is fitted!

maybe that would be less harsh than mc3 but to be honest I find mc3 quite a weak cleaner

MC3 is definitely not as harsh as FX2 which I used to use. That stuff is a bit too strong IMO.

The Fernox stuff sounds like it's a worth a shot. I intend to take each rad off and flush through, but want to loosen some of the crud up first..

calchem 3in1 yellow square bottle from toolstation £10

earnt a grand with that last year with non working and blocked systems!
dump it in and leave for a couple of weeks then dump another in and empty a month later.

whack another in and leave it, cleaner scale reducer and inhibitor all in one=job done.

whats peoples thoughts on mc3 / mc5 ? normally just use x800

im starting to have a few bottle spare of it :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best GENTLE system cleaner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone offer me advice, I’ll try and keep it short! Just cleaned my magma cleanse unit, and it wasn’t too bad since last boiler service 1...
Replies
Views
Would love some advice please: I had 4 radiators replaced in September as part of a kitchen refit. This included new copper piperwork behind the...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi The onslaught of plumbing questions continues! Sorry folks... The plumber is coming on Monday and will be draining down to do the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock