Discuss Best way to remove ancient hemp from a thread? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, use a wire brush on an angle grinder - drill. If its in your hand, a hacksaw blade run along the threads.

Best way of all is clean the threads out with a BSP die nut (or die head)

By now you probably realise i do a lot of iron pipework!

Last edited:
Buy yourself a 1/2" and 3/4" taper die nut. Invaluable for all sorts, clean off old hemp, repai something thats been cross threaded etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to remove ancient hemp from a thread? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
The inside brass threads in my Moen rough in two handle Roman tub valve (Moen | Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets, Shower Heads, Accessories & More -...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi. Would be really grateful for some help with this. I am trying to replace the fill unit in my toilet and the only way I can see that this would...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. We have a leak from one of cistern holding down bolts on our close coupled WC. This has occurred after a plumber replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hi, As some of you are aware, I am currently stuck in Italy running a shop that has nothing to do with plumbing :( Yesterday I thought I'd got...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock