Discuss BG Combi swap price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ruski

BG Swapped out an 'old' (honest guv, you can't get spares for these anymore..) combi for a Worcester Junior 24i

£2,580.
Bout right?

Cheers

Russ

yeah, what's the boiler cost? £850? can easily check, the rest is labour -1 day, no more, so work out what their labour charge is. Do you think it's reasonable?

me thinks not....

They have probably charged for a flush @ £700 and payed a sparks £250 to wire it ! Over priced yes but they get away with it !

Correct Mattp, people pay for the name. Not me though, last time my boiler went I had BG insurance thingy, so after a number of visits I said to the chap if he did private, oh yes, so he got the Worcester Bosch combi, I paid cost price and gave him a monkey to fit it, took him a day, job was a goodun, he made, I saved!!!

Correct Mattp, people pay for the name. Not me though, last time my boiler went I had BG insurance thingy, so after a number of visits I said to the chap if he did private, oh yes, so he got the Worcester Bosch combi, I paid cost price and gave him a monkey to fit it, took him a day, job was a goodun, he made, I saved!!!

And took the money away from an honest installer who was not doing a foreigner using his companies tools and materials. What you did was illegal and immoral in my opinion.

Thanks MichaelJackson, it was a quite a few years ago and I didn't have a clue about plumbing then, I'd not do it these days but illegal? not sure about that. Can you explain further? Illegal for who? Me? for what reason? Him? If it could be proven that he used his company tools/equipment and with held tax? Maybe, but how would I know that? It's up tp him to declare his earnings as I am sure many many tradesman don't, including plumbers I'm afraid.

Did you check he had his own Corgi/gas safe reg? When I worked for a large company I didn't do any work on the side as I didn't have my own registration and I had no public liability insurance. In 5 1/2 years of employment I changed 2 boilers outside of work, my own and my fathers at no cost. Perhaps that's a foolish attitude but as far as I'm concerned if I'm employed to do something I won't compete against the company that are employing me.

They have probably charged for a flush @ £700 and payed a sparks £250 to wire it ! Over priced yes but they get away with it !

BG Dont powerflush on a boiler swap, they "powercleanse" the system which engineers are given I think either a 30min or 1 hour time allowance for.

As for the price, it is a bit over the top if there is no powerflush or trv upgrade, re running gas etc.

Cheers Michael, didn;t check jis personal Corgi card as it would have been back then as wasn't clued up.

I agree with some points but not others, plenty people taking cash and not declaring it, now IMO that's immoral. Ever done that? Well, non declaration fo tax is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG Combi swap price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock