Search the forum,

Discuss BLANCO waste.. Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Fitted a Blanco sink, it obviously came with a waste kit but I can seem to source a trap that fits onto the blanco waste kit.. Would I have to get this from the company itself?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 42
The waste will be a standard size, will the trap not just screw on to the existing open end?
If not, it would probably be easier to get a new 1 1/2 waste kit that a standard trap will fit on to.

Just had a thought, do you mean that the shelf is stopping you from fitting a standard trap?
If so you need to get your hole saw out, but run the waste towards the back first rather than coming forward.

Just take the tee and that elbow piece down to a decent merchants and they will sort it out for you. I say decent merchants as your probably better going to a small independent merchants rather than a big plumb centre type place as you will be more likely to get someone who doesn't know what there on about their

Just take the tee and that elbow piece down to a decent merchants and they will sort it out for you. I say decent merchants as your probably better going to a small independent merchants rather than a big plumb centre type place as you will be more likely to get someone who doesn't know what there on about their

Ive tried every trap the merchants has, tried PTS, Plumb Centre, City Plumbing & nothing, needed it ASAP but looks like I've got to wait a couple weeks :mad: as Blanco said they couldn't get hold of the trap until then!! Thanks for your responses though.

Don't wait a couple of weeks!! Leave the sink wastes in situ, and disconnect all the pipe work underneath the wastes and go get McAlpine double bowl kit or a bowl and half kit.
Will be standard size 1 1/2" and if there's a problem down the line, any merchants will have a spare.

Check and see if a standard 40mm trap will fit onto the bottom of the sink wastes. If it does then just use two of them. A mcalpine asc10 and a sc10, then tee them together.

You probably need one of these....1 1/2IN EURO TO UK WASTE ADAPTOR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 44
theres posh, not seen them before, I always throw the euro crud away and start fm scratch

fitted 14 Paula Rosa kitchen sinks a couple of months back, they all needed them but they were supplied by PR, no one wanted to pay again to fit better gear.

I've had to keep the waste that was supplied but I can't change it any as the mechanism for the strainer to be raised is built into the trap, & as I've already tapped a hole out and fitted it I can't go without it. I've managed to mix and match a temporary fix for now I have a trap on both parts and then they T together like someone as mentioned above but it looks ridiculous.. I guess I'll wait for the manufactures part

Don't bother waiting for it, think they are only a couple of quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BLANCO waste.. Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and Iā€™m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock