Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding a radiator with broken valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, my sister’s house has a radiator that needs bleeding but the valve is broken and rusted (see pic). What would be the best (cheapest) course of action?
thanks

Attachments

• 3E4CA64F-9195-4ABA-80BB-66684098E296.jpeg
    3E4CA64F-9195-4ABA-80BB-66684098E296.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 21
New rad as it’s leaking

As above, replace the rad.

For a temporary fix drill a small hole at the top of the rad to let air out then screw in a self tapper with a bit of ptfe on its threads. But this is silly, just replace the rad.

Reply to Bleeding a radiator with broken valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock