Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding customers!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon1982

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Don't you just love driving an hour to a pre booked job - to find out the customer decided to go out and you will "just have to re book the job for Monday when i'm home"...??

Yep, me neither...:furious3::furious3::furious3:

I can see this Fred turning into a full on pig fest.

Moved to the Arms.

Have a night out and phone when you get back in at daft o clock in the morning to confirm.

Hope you left an invoice for your wasted time.

We have to phone ahead with an ETA then if the customer doesn`t answer the phone we still have to drive there to put a card through the door which to me is madness as is can waste up to 2hrs of time there and back plus diesel costs etc, if I was SE I would invoice for the hour mate as it sounds like a customer with attitude problems.

We have to phone ahead with an ETA then if the customer doesn`t answer the phone we still have to drive there to put a card through the door which to me is madness as is can waste up to 2hrs of time there and back plus diesel costs etc, if I was SE I would invoice for the hour mate as it sounds like a customer with attitude problems.

I did think about phoning ahead but I've worked for her before so wasn't expecting to be blown out like that!

Driving to put a card through the door? Sounds like a BG or Dyno employee to me?

Driving to put a card through the door? Sounds like a BG or Dyno employee to me?

Your close enough. lol

Guess if it was booked in yesterday then I wouldn`t call her but if it was last week or longer then I think I would but how many times have we found a note on the door saying "Come round back, I`m in the garden" so your dammed if you do and dammed if you don`t. Glad to see the price has gone up!

Your close enough. lol

Guess if it was booked in yesterday then I wouldn`t call her but if it was last week or longer then I think I would but how many times have we found a note on the door saying "Come round back, I`m in the garden" so your dammed if you do and dammed if you don`t. Glad to see the price has gone up!

I wouldn't be bothered if I was working for a company. If anything I would be over the moon if they weren't in! Knock on the door with a feather - "Oh they aint in...Carded" lol

But because I work for myself now, time is money...

I wouldn't be bothered if I was working for a company. If anything I would be over the moon if they weren't in! Knock on the door with a feather - "Oh they aint in...Carded" lol

I`ve got some fellow engineers that actually do this if it is a job they don`t wanna do and I`m not lol about it when it happens believe me!

Booked a job for a priest to fit a load of TRVs in his large house and community centre. He wanted it done after his holiday a month from initial call. Bought all valves, rang him at 8.30 on the morn to be told to rearrange for September. Ah nice 1 I thought.
Had to fix a boiler for him earlier in year. I was only there for a few mins and he was a bit in d horrors that I was gonna charge him.
I told him that if all my jobs were that length that week how would I pay my bills.
Some customers live in a parallel universe

had one once who booked, I turned up and they werent in,so card through the door. Drove home and on the way got a call saying were was I, they had been waiting all morning, I had been, knocked, rung the bell and phoned the landline I replied, you havent been they said and kicked off. I asked where they had found my number today and she replied from the card that came through the door today!! thick pig.............................

I had one call from a woman who needed a shower and a tap fixed urgently (that same day) in a new home she was moving into. She left a landline number for the new house. When I rang the number it wasn't ringing out. Drove to her house a couple hours later to be told by her that she'd already got it done by another plumber.
" You didn't ring me! " she said.
But I couldn't get through on your number, I said!
" The number is not in service yet!" she said! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding customers!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone give any advice on pricing jobs especially when only starting out. I find it really hard don't want to rip the customer off but neither...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock