Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss boiler flue terminal too close to a cooker hood terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
i found a combi boiler flue terminal too close to a cooker hood terminal, only about 200mm, does this make the boiler combustion not safe?

cheers

check mi's . I would be concerned of "burning" bad air when the cooker was on.

most boilers are 300 for opening/air brick

what boiler is it

what is the fga reading ?

etc etc

Aren't cooker hoods extracor fans? just blow out, not suck in? --- first thoughts my friend :)

Aren't cooker hoods extracor fans? just blow out, not suck in? --- first thoughts my friend :)
they are but still a opening tamz has the right idea just cement it up,anyway half the tenants i visit are more likely to die from the filter in the hood catching on fire because they never clean them

or the grease on the hob catching alight, its like water, bleach and a cloth was never invented with some tennants.

I fitted a A/C heatpump condenser near a flue outlet and BG gave the customer a warning notice. What a DIV

or the grease on the hob catching alight, its like water, bleach and a cloth was never invented with some tennants.

Been to properties like this many times where you need to wipe your feet on the way out!!! regards turnpin
icon7.png

If then extractor fan in my bathroom is too close to the boiler outlet, is the a way that I can fix this other than moving/removing either one. I think I've heard something about a flue deflector? Would this make me compliant with regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler flue terminal too close to a cooker hood terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock