Discuss boiler for a swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadia69

Gas Engineer
any of you guys ever fitted a boiler for a swimming pool ? he has had one quote from the swimming pool engineer who want to do a like for like swap, and he is getting advice from the plumbers merchant to put another boiler in and adapt the pipe work. so he wants me to have a look does it have to be a cast iron heat exchanger boiler etc and what do i have to be careful of when quoting , chemicals etc and does it have to be A rated, cheers in advance

Last edited:
You need your hwb ticket to do it to start with.
swimming pool boilers are slightly different beasts with slightly different rules to stick to.

if you're not confident don't do it.

swimming pool boilers are slightly different beasts with slightly different rules to stick to.

ok thanks for the advice guys

hwb ? is that hot water boiler. i have water heater ticket on me gas safe

HWB1 swimming pool boilers.

it doesn't come under your boilers and water heaters cenwat1

It could be a regular boiler onto a heat exchanger BUT if you but that to a condensing boiler

the boiler will run constantly for days on end, at low temps, the condense will ruin it then.

A lot depends what sort of system he has now but if you have never done it I would stay away ?
We have done both a small heat exchanger (stainless steel ) Linked to domestic boiler running both swimming pools and hot tubs .
My old pool held 90,000 litres so you can imagine the time it takes to warm that lump up !
Then you move into dedicated swimming pool boilers we have only done oil on any jobs as a bit rural round here also the pool guys set it all up as with everything it is probably easy but until you are shown it is all black magic ?

It could be a regular boiler onto a heat exchanger BUT if you but that to a condensing boiler

the boiler will run constantly for days on end, at low temps, the condense will ruin it then.

Would it not run at correct temperature to condense as your primary circuit would be at optimum operating temperature when heating was running ?
Guess a lot would be down to correct sizing of heat exchanger as you have a massive flow through them but they really are very small ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler for a swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock