Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler issue - cant increase pressures in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We have a potterton apollo boiler and it's showing a E1 fault due to a drop in pressure.

Normally I just pull down the green lever inside to increase the pressure but zilch is happening when I do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210904_151844.jpg
    20210904_151844.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 30
You have water through your hot taps ?

That green lever isn’t something I’m familiar wit, it looks a little like a pressure relief valve. It also looks like you may have an external filling loop connection setup as well?

Hi,

We have a potterton apollo boiler and it's showing a E1 fault due to a drop in pressure.

Normally I just pull down the green lever inside to increase the pressure but zilch is happening when I do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

That green lever isn’t something I’m familiar wit, it looks a little like a pressure relief valve. It also looks like you may have an external filling loop connection setup as well?

The Baxi guy told me this replaced the filling loop, so I'm not sure. They changed it about 2 years ago.

There not that good they do stick / fail

Yes they do. Looks like they’re usable, precursor though- they may leak. Remove the caps, Attach the filling loop to both valves, and using a flat bladed screwdriver or a kitchen knife turn both valves and you shouldn’t be able to get boiler back up and running.

Yes they do. Looks like they’re usable, precursor though- they may leak. Remove the caps, Attach the filling loop to both valves, and using a flat bladed screwdriver or a kitchen knife turn both valves and you shouldn’t be able to get boiler back up and running.

Thanks. We managed to get the left one off and it did leak but the right one just wouldn't budge with tools. Even my neighbour tried.

I wish I had known how feeble those green levers are as I would have told them not to change it. Its frustrating having to pay someone to come and fix it.

Reply to Boiler issue - cant increase pressures in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock