Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev

Hi Guys,
I have a boiler problem and I was wondering if someone here could give me some insight. We ran rather low on oil yesterday for the boiler, found out cause it went to lock out. We had some oil delivered and I let the system settle for a couple of hours before firing it up again. It seemed fine, but it locked out again last night, and continually does this now. I have tried bleeding the oil line, but that does not solve anything. The only way the boiler will continuously run is if I press the black button on the side of the thermostatic fire valve.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and more importantly, how to solve it? Has something happened to the fire valve which is affecting the running of the boiler?
Please help, need a hot shower!! :confused:

Could be an iffy firevalve but it does seem a bit of a co-incidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock