Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler keeps kicking In? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muldonach

Hi there,

I have an external oil fired boiler which suddenly today seems to keep starting up every 5 to 10 minutes runs for a few minutes then shuts back down, any suggestions to what this could be? I did think it was perhaps a frost protection setting as the programmer is not calling for heat or hot water. However it is warmer today that the lags few days. The only thing I have done recently to the system was to balance the radiators as several weren't heating up.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

its a boulter camray boiler 15/19 as I say external wall hung.

Most externsl boilers have frost stats and they normally kick in at about 5 deg c .
It may have become faulty in any case a engineer would need to check it out

Cheers,

just seems strange when it was colder the other day it wasn't doing this, although wasn't really looking out for it. Will keep an eye on it as have a plumber lined up to replace the boiler in the next month or so anyway

need any more quotes try asking on here with your whereabouts :)

Probably the frost stat. Depends where your boiler is sited.
Up here there was an inch of frost this morning and it was a really nice sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.
I was doing a job on a south facing roof and all the frost had melted by half 9. By 11 i was peeling off the layers of clothes down to a tee shirt.
The other side of the roof however which had no sun stayed frosted all day so the temperature never rose much above freezing out of the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler keeps kicking In? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock