Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pump permanently, too hot water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a Gloworm Flexicom HX condensing boiler around 4 years old in my home.
It supplies the central heating around the house and an underfloor central heated (water) system,
thermostats on the wall the for the under floor heating .
I have various pumps and valves in the loft for the showers etc.

On top of the boiler (which is on the ground floor) there is a pump which goes feeds into the
hot water cylinder ( in an upstairs cupboard and has an electric thermostat fitted but switched off)
the boiler also supplies the central heating radiators.

My problem is that the pump (Grundfos on top of the boiler) stays on and is pumping hot water into the
hot water cylinder upstairs, even with the hot water and heating turned off. I’m getting very over hot water
supply through the taps. I have had to turn the boiler off when heating/water is not required,
otherwise its on for 24 hours.

Does anyone know why this could be? any help appreciated.

sounds like a port valve or cylinder stat get a heating eng to have a look

Hi
The boiler starts up now and then when there is no demand. The pump is permanently running and the pipe from the pump stays hot all the time unless I turn off the boiler (via the electricity switch)

Time to call a gas safe eng out

Sounds like a part needs replacing there Mike, unfortunately its not something you should try and do yourself as you may end up doing more damage than good!

If I were you, Id turn the system off at the main switch to ensure the tank doesn't get too hot and then get your Gas safe engineer to fix it... should have parts on the van!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler pump permanently, too hot water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock