Discuss Boiler pump permanently, too hot water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a Gloworm Flexicom HX condensing boiler around 4 years old in my home.
It supplies the central heating around the house and an underfloor central heated (water) system,
thermostats on the wall the for the under floor heating .
I have various pumps and valves in the loft for the showers etc.

On top of the boiler (which is on the ground floor) there is a pump which goes feeds into the
hot water cylinder ( in an upstairs cupboard and has an electric thermostat fitted but switched off)
the boiler also supplies the central heating radiators.

My problem is that the pump (Grundfos on top of the boiler) stays on and is pumping hot water into the
hot water cylinder upstairs, even with the hot water and heating turned off. I’m getting very over hot water
supply through the taps. I have had to turn the boiler off when heating/water is not required,
otherwise its on for 24 hours.

Does anyone know why this could be? any help appreciated.

sounds like a port valve or cylinder stat get a heating eng to have a look

Hi
The boiler starts up now and then when there is no demand. The pump is permanently running and the pipe from the pump stays hot all the time unless I turn off the boiler (via the electricity switch)

Time to call a gas safe eng out

Sounds like a part needs replacing there Mike, unfortunately its not something you should try and do yourself as you may end up doing more damage than good!

If I were you, Id turn the system off at the main switch to ensure the tank doesn't get too hot and then get your Gas safe engineer to fix it... should have parts on the van!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler pump permanently, too hot water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back