Discuss boiler size for 3 bed end terrace ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulyoung666

brick cavity construction with cavity insulation , all double glazed , loft insulation , just wondering if a 15kW boiler sounds about right , i know no one can be specific about this , just looking for ballpark ideas of yes or no :)

I assume you want a standard boiler, not a combi (instant hot water).

Use the Boiler Size Calculator.

As you have an end terrace, there are two walls side-to-side and one wall front-to-back.

With a well insulated house, you will probably need less than 10kW. But you can't get boilers that small, so go for the next size up, usually 12kW.

The output of boilers is show as a range, e.g 6kW to 15kW. It does not matter if the max is a bit higher than required, but the minimum should be as low as possible below the requirement. This will make the boiler more efficient when it is not so cold.

A reasonably quick and fairly accurate way is to calculate heat required for each room:

Length x width x height in metres. Then this figure times 45 divided by 1000. This will give you the watts required for each room (and size of radiator required for that room as well). Add them all up, add a little for hot water and luck and you should get an appropriate figure for the boiler required.

Eg. room 3m x 2.5m x 2.8m = 21 x 45/1000 = 0.945 so 1Kw radiator required.

jus had a go at boiler calc got a 3 bed end terrace jus had cavity wall filled but front and back are timber frame but downstairs i put celetex in, doubled glazed and got over 75mm loft insualtion. i put unfilled cavity in and came out at 9.34kw and from experience i know this is under sized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler size for 3 bed end terrace ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock