Discuss Boiler Weight - DUMB question alert!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm no weakling by all means, but I'm no he-man either. I've started training to build up my strength again (used to train quite a lot a few years ago) to make my life easier when I start fitting boilers for my firm when I get gas safe.

I was reading through some boiler manuals (this is for a Greenstar 24I/28I Junior) and came across a 'lift weight' - see pic below:

Screenshot 2015-09-03 21.29.59.png

is this literally the weight of the boiler you'll lift, without the jig of course?? And if I am having a blonde moment, what does it mean?

I'm sure Health and safety maximum lift weight is now 20kg which means you shouldn't lift a bag of sand by your self,

Although you maybe able to lift 3 on your own if you get hurt it's your own fault,

If your fitting boilers/removing always two man job if your working for a firm, they will have to send someone if you request its not work time off work due to a back injury that'll keep coming back trust me.

Ive had to drop some old boilers when I've been lifting them off up a ladder due to the weight lucky the houses have been empty when I've done that

image.jpg

On the lifting boilers problem, this is a 'genie lift' ( sorry not a great pic) Its a sack cart that lifts , I think to around 2m, I cadged it off a pal on my last heavy boiler swap , its an incredible piece of kit . Think it lifts up to about 80 kg , dont quote me on that.

View attachment 22782

On the lifting boilers problem, this is a 'genie lift' ( sorry not a great pic) Its a sack cart that lifts , I think to around 2m, I cadged it off a pal on my last heavy boiler swap , its an incredible piece of kit . Think it lifts up to about 80 kg , dont quote me on that.
Nice!! Saves the strains ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Weight - DUMB question alert!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back