Discuss Boiler working without front cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yap681

Hi,

Apologies if a similar topic has been discussed before.

My central heating works absolutely fine, however when I turn on any hot tap the water temperature just drops to lukewarm and cannot heat up again, its as if the boiler is trying but nothing is happening.

My boiler is a Vaillant timeSWITCH 140.

I live in a rented property and my Landlord has promised to send a plumber round to have a look at the issue. I'm pretty sure that the Landlord assembled the boiler himself (I had no idea how bad the boiler was as when I originally looked round the house it looked brand new).

I know it probably wasn't very safe but I decided to take the front cover off to see if I could see anything clearly wrong with the boiler from a complete novice point of view.

With the front cover still off, when I turn the tap on the water comes out hot, like it works absolutely fine. However, I know that this isn't ideal at all.

So therefore, is it safe to have the front cover off the boiler to operate it for a short period of time (i.e have a quick shower then put the front cover back on after I've got changed) until the plumber comes round and (hopefully) sorts the issue?

Ultimately, is this dangerous and is there a risk of damaging the boiler further?

Thanks in advance for any advise you guys can give me.

Do not use your boiler with the case off its very dangerous nag the landlord to get fixed don't play around with it yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Only advice you are getting it put the ****ing case back on

​dont use it call in a gas safe engineer pronto or better still tell me where you live and i will send the esp round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler working without front cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock