Discuss bookkeeing methods & advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
does anyone have a good bookkeeping method they would like to share? or does everyone use an accountant to do it all for them these days?

J

I agree with uug197h, I used to do all my own books but it can get extremly stressfull trying to understand all the the tax forms I recall many years ago filling in the forms and finding I owed something like ten thousand in tax but I had only earned seven. All I had done was put some figures in the wrong column. so an accountant working for around £150 is well worth it and the cost is set against your tax as well

cheers, think ill think about getting an accountant then, but do i just hand the accountant all my invoices and a pile of reciepts, or is there a way to file them in a nice neat way?????

First appointment is free (usually, or how will they attract new clients) so go and ask one for advice.

The more work you can do on your records the less your accountant will charge you, so at the very least have everything filed in date order, a couple of box files will do it. However, you will pay tax on your NETT profits, thats your GROSS income less your allowable expenses, eg materials, insurance, van etc etc. So if you give your accountant ALL your records you will pay tax on ALL your profits.

ah good stuff, i know an accountant that one of my mates uses, i think ill give him a call. thanks for all your help guys, its very much appreciated, ;)

hope your all keeping busy.

J

Hi. I have used a system "Quick Books"barclays bank offered it to customers (some commission tie in no doubt)but i works for me. Keeps track of invoices, suppliers invoices, vat and who has not paid. As well as allowing cost codes to be set up for fuel, motor expenses, insurance, wages etc. At the end of any time period you just print out profit and loss sheet and let a accountant work out your tax liability. Go Luck

Hi. I have used a system "Quick Books"barclays bank offered it to customers (some commission tie in no doubt)but i works for me. Keeps track of invoices, suppliers invoices, vat and who has not paid. As well as allowing cost codes to be set up for fuel, motor expenses, insurance, wages etc. At the end of any time period you just print out profit and loss sheet and let a accountant work out your tax liability. Go Luck

dont suppose you could send me a blank copy of this sheet could you please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bookkeeing methods & advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock