Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch junior 28i pressure goes up and down. Advice please. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.

After the issue, I've had recently and a visit from an engineer (full story below) I've got the following symptoms. On my boiler Bosch, junior 28i pressure goes all the way down to 0 bar when only hot water is in use but goes all the way up to 3 bar (and probably above) when central heating is on. Hot water has no effect on the pressure even when it's high. I don't want to use that company/engineer anymore, even though I'll not pay anything (insurance). I've spent most of today on educating myself, and for me, it looks like it might be a faulty expansion vessel. I'm an electric engineer so I need help with this one. I want to get some opinions from more qualified peoples before I'll call someone locally to do a proper repair.

Full story here:
About two weeks ago my PRV blew off when my wife tried to switch the central heating on. I've called my insurance provider who managed to get a gas engineer the next day. Came in said I need a new PRV and someone will replace it within a couple of days. He also increased the pressure and said it's ok to use the boiler as usual and do not worry about leaking water outside. Boiler died 3-4 hours after his visit, so I rang them again the next day, and after 5 appointments that no one turned up, hours on the phone, and 10 days without heating or hot water he finally came back. Changed PRV switched the heating on, showed me that's working, and quickly left. I've asked him a couple of times did he check for a cause of the blown PRV, but he said everything else is fine. When he left pressure was about 1.5 bar 10 minutes later it was just under 3 bar and I've switched the heating off. I've called his call center again, but they told me they can't do anything because when the engineer left my property I've had hot water and central heating. If I want them back I need to leave the heating on and let the PRV blew off again.

At the moment I can switch the heating on for about 10-15 min and leave it off for about 1.5h. That's the time for the pressure to go from 0 to 2 bar and back to 0 again.

I really appreciate any help.

yep sounds like expansion vessel has gone either needs re charging or if split needs changing

yep sounds like expansion vessel has gone either needs re charging or if split needs changing

Thank you.

I feel like the engineer that came to my house work for himself (no company uniform or van), and because it's going through insurance, I've got no option who's coming over, hence he don't care how many times he'll have to come back and fix it as he got paid for every visit.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Probably didn't want to take the boiler off the wall to replace the expansion vessel. Absolute bag of shiyte boilers to work on!

According to the manual if there's over 340mm clearance above you can slide it upwards without touching the boiler itself, and there's nearly 450mm clearance on mine. Access is a bit awkward, but I think he just wanted more of my insurance money. What would be a reasonable cost to exchange the vessel and do a boiler service in the Wolverhampton area.? And if there's anything else that I should ask to check or replace? I'll get some quotes after the weekend. Thanks for help.

Reply to Bosch junior 28i pressure goes up and down. Advice please. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock