Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boxing in gas pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RGB

Can anybody tell me if the latest (2015) edition of BS6891 has changed rules about boxing in gas pipes and venting requirements? Also is it still ok to run a gas pipe in joist space under a first floor - subject of course to adequate venting? I have had two different answers to this from Gas Safe installers.

Thanks.

Best bet would be to phone gas safe up and ask them

In regards to your question,
[video=youtube;98AJUj-qxHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98AJUj-qxHI[/video]

Also is it still ok to run a gas pipe in joist space under a first floor - subject of course to adequate venting? I have had two different answers to this from Gas Safe installers.

Thanks.

What were the 2 answers.?
Running pipes in void between floors is not required to be vented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing in gas pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock