Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boxing up pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend while refurbishing his kitchen has completely boxed in all the pipework right up to and under his boiler (wall mounted combi) leaving no access to any safety valves, filling loop etc. I'm not a plumber but I suggested it was unwise if he needed access in a hurry or any work done but he just said he'd break it open if that's the case but is it in contravention of any regs and is there any particular danger to doing this when as he suggested he could always turn the gas and mains water off at the meter/stopcock?

No danger, just not convenient, as long as boiler instructions have been consulted for minimum Clarence's round and under boiler as long as he knows where main gas and water are it's fine, just going to be messy if access required for service or maintenance

Last edited by a moderator:
You need 200 mm below boilers (some) for service n maintanance but you can box up as long as it's made in such a way that it can be removed for these purposes.

normally you need 5mm clearance from the boiler case for boxings, tho it differs from one appliance to another and manufacturers instructions need to be followed.

Without access to the filling loop and possible the inlet test point he will need to remove it within a year or so when its next serviced. It would have been better made removable, but hey we all live and learn :)

Give him some of your common sense as he seems to have used all of his quota...lol regards Turnpin:punk:

just be there when he bleeds a rad and starts to see the error in his ways, :)

Thanks fellas...thought I was missing something or going mad, he can be a bit of a pig headed twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing up pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock