Search the forum,

Discuss Brining pipe out through eaves and down side of house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
15mm, for outside tap on wall.
Not done this before. Any tips? Warnings?
Or do I just lean into gap (very tight for space,) drill a hole and chuck a pipe through?

IMAG0628.jpgIMAG0629.jpg

Thanks.

Can you not run it the conventional way..if its your only route will need to be well insulated with exterior insulation that will not break down in sunlight(not that we get a lot of that at the moment.)..regards Turnpin:yes:

Pretty much. Drill from outside 1st I would. The pull a couple of 45's about 100mm apart to make a 90 to poke through above joist and below roof. Also exterior lagging

ive done plenty of these in copper over the years all ways a pig definately sounds like a job for a bit of hep to me even if you run in in copper and just use plastic to get up the narrow bit plastic without any joints is much less likely to split if it should freeze

Can't you run it inside and box it in, then through the wall?

Looks like a bungalow with a timber soffit so it will be easy.
Drill up through the soffit (if it is concrete drill at an angle the same as the roof). Bend a 30" tail on a length of pipe same angle as the roof and leave the end so you can get a spring inside the pipe.
Clip the pipe to the wall and fit your tap.
Go inside the loft with a 1/2" spring and bend the pipe down level with the joists then connect it to wherever you are connecting it to.
You will need to provide an easily accessible shut off inside the building so if you are planning to tee into the main at the tank you should drop it ina cupboard, valve it and rise again.
Personally i wouldn't lag it as it will be an eyesore.
Better to educate them to turn it off and drain the pipe in the winter.
They usually learn after they don't do it the first year and it costs them £50 for the re education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brining pipe out through eaves and down side of house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock