Discuss Britony Combi SE - Glass Fuse on the PCB keeps blowing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackflash

Hi All,
I have a CHAFFOTEAUX ET MAURY Britony Combi SE boiler which is used for central heating only (shower is electric and hot water to taps is via ecomony7). It gets power via a normal wall socket by way of a 3am plug. I have checked this wall socket with a table lamp and all appears to be fine with it.

All was well until 2 days ago when I noticed my two bed flat was very cold. I went to the boiler (in a wooden box in the living room) and found no lights on whatsoever.

My first port of call was to put in a new 3amp fuse into the electric socket. No sooner did I do this and plug the boiler in, did I heard a 'bang' with a blue flash of light from around the control panel of the boiler. On unplugging the boiler from the wall then opening up this control panel I saw that the T2A glass fuse had blown. There appears to be 2 of these fuses, but only the lower of the two was blown.

I made a quick trip to Maplins to buy some more T2A's, then replaced the fuse on the PCB. I plugged the boiler back into the wall socket, only to get the same bang, blue flash, and burnt fuse (same one). This also blew the 3amp fuse in the plug.
Perhaps stupidly I replaced the 3amp fuse and the T2A again, then gave it one more try (it's 10 degrees in the flat so I was desperate!). Again the T2A blew, but not the 3amp in the plug this time.
What do I do now?! Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks

check with a multimeter sounds like you got a short or earthing problm!

check with a multimeter sounds like you got a short or earthing problm!

Thanks for your quick response!

I was thinking that it might be an earthing problem, possibly caused by me not re-attaching all of the wires in the correct place (they have to be unplugged to remove the front panel that exposes the PCB).

By any chance does anyone have a diagram of the PCB so I can be sure that everything is plugged in where it should be?

try the internet type in make & model and you should be able to down load the plans,also you should get fault finding guide.

stop using new fuses, you need to find the fault before you destroy the working parts of the boiler, fuses blow for good reason,get an engineer in to do the work, check first they can fault find electrical problems!

stop using new fuses, you need to find the fault before you destroy the working parts of the boiler, fuses blow for good reason,get an engineer in to do the work, check first they can fault find electrical problems!

Although fair play to him for replacing the fuses with fuses and not just a pice of kit kat wrapper thus destroying the pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony Combi SE - Glass Fuse on the PCB keeps blowing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock