Discuss Budget for upgrade to CH Controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could the heating engineers/plumbers in the trade give me an idea of how much to budget for an upgrade to the controls on my central heating system?

The system is a fully pumped, open vent system controlled by a simple two channel timer (Honeywell ST699). There are no rooms stats, no TRVs on the radiators and no cylinder stat on the DHW cylinder.

I wanted to:
- Replace the ST699 is a Honeywell CM907 (at the same position as the ST699)
- Add six TRVs to the radiators in the other rooms
- Add a cylinder stat
- Add an outdoor temperature sensor for weather compensation

I would propose to supply the CM907/TRVs/outdoor temp sensor/cylinder stat, and have the engineer supply all the other materials (fittings/cables/etc.)

Can you give me an idea how much this should cost including the labour to install everything (but excluding the parts I'm going to supply)? I'm in South Yorkshire.

Many thanks

How long is a piece of string? Without looking at the job it's not possible to tell and I would be very dubious about fitting components supplied by the customer in case of any compatibility issues.

I agree, Much better to say to your engineer - "This is what I want" and let him get the bits.

That way you've a better warranty.

And get at least 3 quotes.

Ok, so if I asked the engineer to supply all the parts (CM907, 6 x VT15EG TRVs, L641A cyl stat, outdoor temp sensor). How much should I budget for?

ÂŁ300 if you supply all the material and its straight forward. Just a ball park you understand;

Does it need 'y' planning? If so you need a 3 port. I would also fit a room stat rather than the weather compensator. The y plan pack will cost ÂŁ150, the trv's will cost ÂŁ30 then pipe, fittings, inhibitor, cable etc. a good few hours for a sparky and then the engineers labour which is 2-4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Budget for upgrade to CH Controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, I am hoping to get some advice, please, on whether or not to change my hot water cylinder. I recently moved house and the heating...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock