Search the forum,

Discuss Building a man cave, need to pump waste up sloping garden, help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm building a man cave at the end of the garden, it will have a toilet and shower in and the waste needs to be pumped up the garden to the main drain in a straight line.
The fall from the drain to the cave is about 1m 1.5m. and its about 30-40 metres.

does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to pump the waste up hill ?

Thanks, Lee

Ive always wondered does this need planning permisson and will it affect council tax etc?

No idea. But would be worth checking. I presume somebody would have to be notified?

You need a waste pump. Saniflo are the best of a bad bunch. One of the trusted advisors on here (member name RPM) is an expert on these pumps and will be the best person to advise you on them. Might be worth dropping him a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building a man cave, need to pump waste up sloping garden, help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level shower and I'm a bit worried about potential issues with the existing low flow-rate of wastewater which puddles for short periods by about 3cm in the...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
I am refurbishing a bathroom and adjoining en-suite which back onto each other and are on the first floor of the house. Both have a toilet, washbasin and shower. The showers are electric and the flow rates are not excessive. There is a straight horizontal soil pipe (with appropriate slope 1:40)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock