Discuss burning pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber786

hello guys hope every1 ok. my question is whats the difference between burning pressure and inlet pressure? and how we test ffd,fsd and osd? i am a gas foundation student.it is very knowledgeable forum. well done all of you doing great job thank you

Hi,

That's a lot of info you are asking for there! Have the college not provided you with various course books? I would suggest that you purchase one if not such as the Viper book, Corgi or BPEC books for example.

In the meantime, take a look here:

[DLMURL]http://www.radmidlands.co.uk/ControlsDom.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum plumber786 :)

Be patient and all will be revealed during your training or will become clearer as time goes on! IMHO

Well done bronzino, a brilliant link with good explanation of controls and tests.
As others have said you will be taught all this in good time, get your head in the books as much as you can.

Hmm. I have not applied for membership of the arms yet but should that not be the type of info only available to members in there. Sorry if I am wrong but in the short time I have been following this forum there seems to be a few people on here that should not have such info as I do not think they are qualified to undertake gas work of any kind. That is just my personal opinion and not meant to offend genuine gas fitters just looking for some help.

Maybe you are right mike, could anyone not find that link via google etc? I agree a lot of what is said should just be in the arms or private gas safe forum.
Things like advising on boiler repairs, info should be limited as to what is given out.

All info is freely available on Google, which is where I found it. Or the OP could go to any book store and purchase a copy of the Viper manual/Corgi etc which will not only tell the reader how gas controls work but also much much more regarding gas appliances.

You do not need to be Gas Safe reg to read about gas practices, only to work with gas. Whilst I agree that some stuff if for the Arms only, I think we need to be careful not to be the Gas Safe Police and possibly risk putting folks off from asking a perfectly acceptable question. The OP wants info only, I'm not suggesting he works on gas appliances.

thank you very much for this link its very informative
Hi,

That's a lot of info you are asking for there! Have the college not provided you with various course books? I would suggest that you purchase one if not such as the Viper book, Corgi or BPEC books for example.

In the meantime, take a look here:

[DLMURL]http://www.radmidlands.co.uk/ControlsDom.pdf[/DLMURL]

in laymans terms inlet pressure is the pressure that your gas meter and pipework supplies to the appliance, the burner pressure is the pressure the appliance reduces the inlet pressure to and uses at its burner.

I would request some training materials from your college/training center for you to revise from, then keep it safe for reference and when you re sit in 5 years time.

also...... welcome to the forums. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burning pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock