Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss burying gas run to swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
hi all,

am going to view a gas pipe run from meter in house to an outhouse boiler for heating a swimming pool. Its been broken due to excavation and being only 60mm from the soil surface. As far as ive 'vipered' its 375mm from open soil non vehicular traffic and 40mm under concrete vehicular traffic. Its currently in plastic piping. Its probably undersized so was thinking of putting in 28mm copper. What tape is it that is used to cover the copper pipe? Only ever done domestic type stuff.

Factory sheathed.
Trac pipe would probably be better.

MDPE pipe is what I used the last time I did it then you will have no joints in the ground connector either end job sorted.

I wouldnt use copper myself.

I would also use the mdpe plastic pipe. It can only be used underground and outside though. So it depends how long the run is, it may be easier to just use copper if only a few meters outside under the ground.

Also sometimes cheaper to get transco to drop new supply in dedicated for pool

Trouble with mdpe is it needs to be soak tested for 24 hours before the trench is backfilled. Go with Tracpipe.

Trouble with mdpe is it needs to be soak tested for 24 hours before the trench is backfilled. Go with Tracpipe.

never to old to learn something new :) How does it work when transco or whoever mole through new mdpe then? or do they not worry as they are transco.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is soak testing? Why does it need this? Never heard of it, so just interested to find out.

Trac pipe.. your flexible friend

Pricey but good stuff in certain situations

Pe pipe is liable to creep, more so with elevated gas pressures.

Can't remember the calculations off hand but what soak testing is a pressure test over 24 hours designed to minimise creep once the trench is backfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burying gas run to swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock