Search the forum,

Discuss Business cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

Where's the best place to get them. Online or find somewhere local. And how much do you normally spend.

Thanks much in advance

Just google it, you can get them for next to nothing, but then they just look like everybody else's. Hope this helps

Is that a good price then bod. I havnt yet looked into it so I really wouldn't know.

And what about the design. How do you normally go about creating the design?

Go on vistaprint. It's cheap as chips. I don't use business cards as I contract all my work, but on one contract I worked on they needed a business card and letterhead. I got 500 cards for about 4 quid. They look decent enough, just pay the extra couple of quid for the glossy finish. Job done :)

ink shop printing

Best quality printing in the UK and well priced.

If you want to do your own design quickly and easily download a free copy of Serif Pagcplus and use one of the templates. Webplus for designing your own website is free too.
Free Software from Serif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks chaps. Very useful info here. Will need a website sorting out soon also so thanks system!!

I have a brilliant piece of advice for you, especially if you use Vistaprint. Once you have made a final check on your design and you are happy with the spelling, they will ask you to tick a box to declare that you are sure the design is correct and that it will be printed exactly as it is. After doing so, if you decide you want to change something, make sure you re-check everything AGAIN, as I didn't and it took me back to the part of the design in which I'd made a spelling mistake and I stupidly clicked the declaration, with a spelling mistake and had 1000 business cards delivered that are now useless!!!

Spot the mistake......(it's not the blanked out bit for any smart arses!)
Business Card.jpg

Bingo!! I had a bit of a tantrum when I spotted it! A box full of 1000 cards makes quite a noise as it bounces off a wall!

god im on fire tonight check me out.

to be honest id still hand them out if you get one job off em theyve paid for the other 999

But I could possibly lose more work than I'd gain. Would you trust someone to work on gas if they couldn't spell their profession? They are being used to light the BBQ if/when Summer comes around!

Got mine from printing.com. Double matt laminated, double sided full colour in very think card. Look very classy and were £72 for 1000

one of our sponsors on here tms print are redoing their website at the moment i think. it may pay you to hang fire until they are up and running to see if they have any offers

If you want to stand out then you can always go for something different. You can get magnetic cards, if people stick them to the fridge they're more likely to keep hold of them and call you when needed.

I also met a guy who ran poker tournaments in pubs once, his business card was a printed poker chip - that stood out well.

The "A" side I print in full colour with a photo, address and contact details. The "B" side has an area to write appointment details for the customer.

i once saw a circular sticker with a web site address for a nightclub that was stuck on a one pound coin. not sure how durable they were but i liked the idea as i wondered how many it people had used before i got it.

I have full colour both side. Logo on front, details on back with a bit of room to write on

i once saw a circular sticker with a web site address for a nightclub that was stuck on a one pound coin. not sure how durable they were but i liked the idea as i wondered how many it people had used before i got it.

Is that even legal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
The Blue CPCS Competent Operator Card is an ID and competence card provided by the CPCS. It demonstrates that an individual has met certain health and safety requirements and that they are qualified in their occupation as a plant worker. It is the next level up for sale .It is the you progress...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where to find out what size the O rings are in a Mira 723 service kit as I have one (at the pointy end of the piston/spindle) that keeps failing and I cannot afford to keep spending £23 to get one O ring. It is part "G" on the 723 instructions. Any help very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock