Discuss Business studies for plumbers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested in this, depending where it's based obviously. Evenings or Saturdays would suit me best.

I think it is a very good idea Ray,I know this is a area that most of us tradesman would benefit from.
I personally would like the idea of the full day or days meeting up with say a group of twelve.and then followed up with distance learning and then meeting back up with the same group say 12 months etc down the line to see the benefits it's made on are life which it would.
I see this kind of thing more beneficial to a Bussiness and time should be made by tradesmen, but with tradesmen they just probably will not see the long term benefits and just look at it as spending time and money on something they don't need ?

I much prefer the full days idea voiced above. Evenings are great, but not when it's 100 miles to anywhere. Travel would just get far too expensive.

This would be beneficial for a lot of people. You should look at making it into videos is well because some people haven't got the time to take off work.

This would be beneficial for a lot of people. You should look at making it into videos is well because some people haven't got the time to take off work.

You say that this would be beneficial for a lot of us and that is one of the major problems a lot of us look at it if we are not charging a customer we are not working and the fact of the matter is most of us are not running a business because we don't have that skill set And put time aside to do this because it feels like you are not being paid for it.and I think ray has picked up on that through dealing with his customers.
I personally think you have to make time to get involved in what ray may be proposing as I think it would make a big difference to the way you would run a Bussiness.
Looking forward to Ray's future posts on this

I am totally up for this. Would really help me out as I am shyte at it and really hate paperwork. Another benefit would get the wife off me ack asking if I have done this quote that quote and left this many busines cards at each job.

I have always been impressed by the business/marketing advice that Ray gives in his posts. I would certainly welcome a good business/marketing course.

Mark.

Is there any update of this post lads?

I'd be very interested in learning some business skills. Tbh I'm dog dirt at all of that side of things lol

Is there any update of this post lads?

Hi Fubar

We're looking at different methods of training delivery, as it may not be convenient for some people to take time away from work and come to one location.

Just like you guys though, I have to fit this around the day job! :)

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business studies for plumbers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back