Discuss Business Success in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A kind of hesitation as in 'who's this?' Even though it's a brand new van as opposed to an older van. I don't think van signwriting really creates much business but it does give you some identity and a sense of authenticity.

Having had a sign written van in the past i honestly don't think it makes any difference from the plain one i have now . The big bonus is when you sell your van as if its plain it has more value. Oh another bonus of plain vans is road rage your just another white van man in these incidents.

To be honest we are shortly going to be buying 2 new vans. I'm going to get them fully wrapped as I plan on keeping the vans for many years. Wrapping is expensive but it protects my vehicles from rusting etc. VW vans will last ages, it's usually rust that gets them, so anything I can do to minimise that risk is worth it.

I haven't had much work from our signwritten vans, but the signwriting looks very 'DIY' so I'm not hugely surprised.

To be honest we are shortly going to be buying 2 new vans. I'm going to get them fully wrapped as I plan on keeping the vans for many years. Wrapping is expensive but it protects my vehicles from rusting etc. VW vans will last ages, it's usually rust that gets them, so anything I can do to minimise that risk is worth it.

I haven't had much work from our signwritten vans, but the signwriting looks very 'DIY' so I'm not hugely surprised.

I don't see much rust on VW's, my transporter is 7 years old with 100k plus in it but its been looked after & still looks brand new!!

Get the sign writing done professionally, a bad or DIY job would give off a bad impression & probably gives off a worse impression than no writing at all!

I think our Crafters are duds then. Both showing rusting after 6 years tbh. Very low mileage, both under 50k. I think a well designed wrap will be a good advertising medium to be fair. It's something to help you stand out from the crowd initially.

Ironically, it was a 'professional' that put on our last signwriting. It's squint in places and I wasn't very impressed but we needed our van back and earning..

Last edited:
I think our Crafters are duds then. Both showing rusting after 6 years tbh. Very low mileage, both under 50k. I think a well designed wrap will be a good advertising medium to be fair. It's something to help you stand out from the crowd initially.

Ironically, it was a 'professional' that put on our last signwriting. It's squint in places and I wasn't very impressed but we needed our van back and earning..

It's just the crafters, they are Mercedes Sprinters in team VW pyjamas. Anything Mercedes rusts.

Interesting. Which large Crafter sized van doesn't rust? I'd be very keen to find one!!

Some great points made on starting and running a successfull business, I have to disagree on one point though, a business needs to be profitable to succeed and that includes paying yourself wages. I had quite a heated debate with a close friend of mine about this hes a business advisor ( got 2k off the government for "helping " me when i went LTD did ...... nothing). His argument was that myself and the other director shouldnt take wages or dividends for 12 months I disagreed.

Vito doesn't rust! Had afew iffy years, 04-06 but mines a 09 and no rust what so ever - afew dings on it and still no rust. Half the van is plastic anyway...

Some great points made on starting and running a successfull business, I have to disagree on one point though, a business needs to be profitable to succeed and that includes paying yourself wages. I had quite a heated debate with a close friend of mine about this hes a business advisor ( got 2k off the government for "helping " me when i went LTD did ...... nothing). His argument was that myself and the other director shouldnt take wages or dividends for 12 months I disagreed.

There is no right or wrong answer to this. It depends on your business plan. Some businesses have longer initial investment periods than others. The important thing is that it profitable in the long run, and that you have enough cash saved (or another source of income) to pay your personal expenses until the business can afford you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Success in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock