Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can I hang a radiator horizontally...? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I know it's a bit of a bizarre one perhaps but we have an opening between our conservatory and kitchen where a patio door used to be. Yes we did the conservatory under building regs and did the best we could with it but the heat loss through the coldest couple of months of the year drags the kitchen temp down, both rooms are part of our wet underfloor heating system.

Remembering the heaters above doorways in shops, I have just started looking about and now realise I could get something that will run off the upstairs radiator circuit and use inbuilt 12v fans to create a warm curtain across this door way with probably quite low additional running costs. The wife is not keen on the cosmetic look of most of these though.

We have enough headroom to mount a 1500 wide *300 high radiator horizontally in the top of this opening, with some fans and a little bit of clever boxing and an air channel could be made and look much better. Anything to stop me from mounting a radiator like this?

Reply to Can I hang a radiator horizontally...? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock