Discuss Can TF1 filter be installed in flow pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
Customer asked me to installed a filter, i had a look, i know it should be insalled in returen pipe, but this one it is very easy to install in flow pipe, if i do that how serious is the consequence? Just curious..

cheers

The whole point of a TF1 is to stop particulates in the system from returning to the boiler, Therefore if its on the flow its not preventing the heat exchanger from filling up with crud from the system

Fit it on the return if you can for reasons already mentioned.
TF1's are a PITA to work in because of their length. Use a magnabooster 2 or even a magnaclean instead.

I've been using the spirotechs cheaper and there brass none of this plastic crap

It is almost pointless to install a filter AFTER the boiler. Borders on cowboy job imho.

don't see the point in fitting it on flow as previously said you are not preventing the boiler from getting full of sludge, it will still catch stuff no doubt but won't be doing its job properly

Its not ideal, but its better than not being on the system at all.

I would say if you can fit it on the return under boiler ,then fitted on return further back !

been on the flow point less !!!!

Its not pointless though is it. These filters are designed to protect the whole system, not just the boiler. Yes in an ideal world, it would be on the return for best effect, but not every bit of dirt that passes through the boiler is instantly going to get stuck there. I would rather put one on the flow than not at all, if it wasnt possible to get it on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can TF1 filter be installed in flow pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Seems strange and I may be reading the MI wrong but i dont understand how the return pipe seems to be hotter than the flow. I have a Vailant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock