Discuss CAN'T REMOVE IDEAL STANDARD SOFT CLOSE SEAT - TOP FIT in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm trying to remove a knackered old Ideal Standard top fitted soft close seat but it won't budge. It looks like there are Allen bolts inside each of the metal barrels, but they won't move and the key is slipping. Short of taking a hacksaw to it, is there something I'm missing?
IMG_20220217_1927376.jpg

Don’t they just lift off the bottom lugs. If not then are there Allen screw grubs holding them on at the back. Just looked at mine they should lift straight up the have O’rings on the lugs

Don’t they just lift off the bottom lugs. If not then are there Allen screw grubs holding them on at the back. Just looked at mine they should lift straight up the have O’rings on the lugs
No, sadly they won't budge off the lugs. There are Allen screws but frustratingly they are worn so the key is simply slipping in them without budging them.

Reply to CAN'T REMOVE IDEAL STANDARD SOFT CLOSE SEAT - TOP FIT in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is...
Replies
Views
I have a toilet seat that is impossible to remove. I've never encountered anything like it before. It's a single piece design, so accessing the...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock