Discuss capping pipes permantley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LM Ceramics

ive got a bathroom install to starting tommorow im replacing a bath with a shower cubicle the electric shower is already installed on the other side off the bath so i need to cap the hot and cold water pipes to the taps permantley which is the best way to do this? thanks

Not sure but if you just cap them they water will go stagnant and pose a health risk or am i barking up the wrong tree

If you can cap the pipes under the bath or in the loft it would be preferable. Use soldered end caps if on copper pipe.
Steve

Its leaving dead legs of pipework that worries people, try not to leave any if you can.

in an ideal world you should cap the hot and cold water supply off at the closes point to the tee or change it to an elbow to stop risk of legionella. but most people just cap it off where convenent to the installer. ie where not seen.

Long dead legs can also cause performance issues with the hot water. I rectified an install recently where a combi has been fitted and the old hot had been capped off under the floor upstairs leaving around a 5m 22mm deadleg. The customer was getting poor performance from the bath tap as the hot was mixing with cold from the dead leg as it passed.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to capping pipes permantley in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock