Search the forum,

Discuss Card payment machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone use or have experience with their business operating one of these machines. Pro's and con's.

Don't get one amd read the small print.

didnt realise I signed a 3 year contract.

Get custard to pay by bank transfer.

I've got one that plugs into the bottom of my phone, izettle. No rental or monthly charges.
Only use it if i need to as they take a fair hike of a percentage (about 2.7%) but it works ok. I add 2.5% to the bill for card payments. Most people are ok with that as all they are used to it when paying by card.

I think legally you are only allowed to charge 1.19% plus 0.8%(cost recovery) total 1.99% private card holder. 1.99% plus 0.8% total 2.79% business cards. I think that is what someone told me.

The one I was looking at is £31 a month costs as listed above(passed onto customer) and 14p per transaction with a debit card.

The one I was looking at is £31 a month costs as listed above(passed onto customer) and 14p per transaction with a debit card.
That's what I have .
Do you really think that many people need to pay that way.
make sure you ask and read the length of th contract.

Personally I would not go to work without one.

I don't care about the monthly charges, nor the percentage they take out of the transaction.

What I care about is having the money go into my bank account that day... full stop.

No sending invoices, chasing money, and all the associated problems.
Do the job and get paid.
I generally use this for small jobs and service work.

It's an absolute pain in the neck to get one of these, most suppliers of pdq's have you jumping through hoops for a good few months before they decide whether you're a business they want to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Card payment machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock