Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss card payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

was looking into card machines but dont think the average £25 p month for the unit would be cost effective for me .

I think system3 has sorted something out for forum members , have a word with him

Ok fair enough what about the PAYG one in the gas safe mag ?

I liked the idea of taking payments on a mobile phone which is in the gas mag.
Don't work on IPhone sadly.

there is one on the ipda though if not more i was offered it somewhere along the line for mine

try izettle

roughly, its 3% a credit card and 65p debit card.

its payasyougo and the card reader is free.

try izettle

roughly, its 3% a credit card and 65p debit card.

its payasyougo and the card reader is free.

3% is a lot. Tbh if someone wanted to pay by credit card, id have to pass the charge on to them.

3% is a lot. Tbh if someone wanted to pay by credit card, id have to pass the charge on to them.

i wouldnt see a problem with that? especially if the numpty customer cant be rsed going to bank before hand!
i think its only 1% more than a contracted machine?

was looking into card machines but dont think the average £25 p month for the unit would be cost effective for me .
World pay have just launched a smartphone payment option with no min month turnover or monthly fees. charge 65p for debit and around 3% for credit cards. https://mobile.worldpay.com/ got this out of gas safe mag and I've just signed up to it today

There also is Izettle aswell. https://www.izettle.com/gb/ but if you sign upto huddlebuy you can get extra bits like a mobile phone site. etc Accept card payments securely on your iPad or iPhone no monthly charges etc

pay your do one for plumbase PayYours - the low cost, secure way for mobile workers to take Chip and Pin payments not sure of charges.

Too restricted and I don't like the idea of fluffing around with a mobile phone as well as a terminal, when the one I use has a sim built into it and connects to ANY network. This worldpay version can only use your mobile phone network, so what happens if you can't get a signal, you don't get paid! This to me seems a poor alternative on a real terminal. If you're worried about a monthly fee, add it on to the price of the job!

Plus it only allows up to 25k in payments each year. Took this off the website:
It's the ideal card payment service for any trader or business that takes up to £25,000 in card payments each year, without costly equipment, set-up and fees.

I looked around at this and the company system3 uses came out ontop ! System3 is a card machine expert ! And has got the forum a discount seems to me that might cost a small bit more but its more flexible and saves end user time which means money !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to card payments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock