Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central heating = not working until I switch Hot Water on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Long story short,

I have had a nest engineer around, since he left when I power the heating on the 3 way divertor click every 3 seconds and I get no heating.

If I switch the hot water, the heating fire up and the clicking stops.

I had an heating engineer out this morning who charged me £240 for a new divertor, I didn't check his work while he was here, and had to reconnect my nest controller (as he left it disconnected)

Anyway the same fault exists, any ideas?

I have phones the heating engineer who is coming back, but is already saying that I didn't explain the fault properly (i showed him, and he should have checked, not just blindly replace a part).

Thanks

if someone phones me with their own diagnososis and asks for a three way to be replaced i wouldnt argue and would quote the job as asked if there is no diagnosis i allow time in the price for diagnostic
remember the customer is all ways right even when their wrong

I would get the first engineer back if after nest being fitted never worked

I did not tll him, I simply said that the box was clicking, I assumed (wrongly) that he would have know or tested the issue, as for trusted plumber?, do you treat all your customer with so much disregard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating = not working until I switch Hot Water on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock