Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Pipework In A Screed Floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

I need to extend the flow and return pipe from the main house heating into a new conservatory/extension at the back of the house. I plan to come off the existing 15mm copper pipework into 15mm Hepworth. The level of the floor in the extension needs to be made up, 100mm kingspan and then 100mm of screed on top and tiled to finnish. The pipework will be covered by the screed. Should i look to put the 15mm into another pipe to protect it or should it be okay if it is just covered by the screed ?

15mm hep goes directly in the floor screed. However it should be pressurised so that it is expanded in the screed. I used a pumped tool. I'll try and find a link.

[DLMURL="http://www.halebathrooms.co.uk/rothenberger-pressure-testerbrrp30-1856-p.asp"]Rothenberger Pressure TesterRP30[/DLMURL]

One of these mate. Didn't buy it from here though.

Oh and officially no joints in the floor. Though I've come across it before....and had to do it myself when another trade has punctured the pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to extend the flow and return pipe from the main house heating into a new conservatory/extension at the back of the house. I plan to come off the existing 15mm copper pipework into 15mm Hepworth. The level of the floor in the extension needs to be made up, 100mm kingspan and then 100mm of screed on top and tiled to finnish. The pipework will be covered by the screed. Should i look to put the 15mm into another pipe to protect it or should it be okay if it is just covered by the screed ?

It should be lagged for heat loss as per building regs if just pipe
Or pipe in pipe but remember hep fittings are not permitted in a screed

Last edited by a moderator:
Dannypipe, thankyou. What pressure should i be looking to get up too.

If i created a conduit in the screed for the pipework would that be better to allow the pipework to expand/contract and also be lagged, is there a conduit/trunking that i could be and then cut to section ?

best to go pipe in pipe like the others have said, if you dont then make sure you let the screed dry correctly (dependant on compound)and increase the temp slowly to avoid cracking the screed. In the past for underfloor heating i have pressuried to 6bar while the screed was put down.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have gone down the pipe in pipe route with conduit trays/boxes for the points where
Hep fittings at situated, in this case below where a radiator will be situated very shortly.

Thanks again everyone

just out of curiosity could you put pipe in 40mm or 110mm pipe, to allow for removal and replacement later on?probably wouldnt look too good and get a little noise when it moves. but is it possible, build regs, i.e.

exactly the idea of pipe in pipe, so yes you could use say a 40mm conduit. I would not use waste pipe as bends would be too tight.

wouldnt even consider hep/speedfit/any plastic fittings if ye tiling over the screed ad use compression with inserts on the pipe cos when its cold ave seen plastic fittings split ye can then forget about it once pressure checked, i went to a house last winter all plastic fittings 30 of them split

Pipe in pipe to manifolds best way to do it no joints under floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pipework In A Screed Floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock