Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

:)Advice please -

A run of central heating pipework under floorboards flow and return for central heating. I need to come off both these pipes at 90 degrees into a new room to fit a radiator. I can Tee off one of the pipes straight with no problems but the pipe furthest the way needs to crossover the inward pipe. I can make a low passover but would this be okay or am i likely to cause an air trap ?. Other options being a bridge ?

if you go above the other pipe you will form a high spot that will be prone to air locking

cant remember the last time i had an air lock on a heating system now ive said that ill get one but with better pumps and combis there realy a thing of the past in domestic properties

On domestic stuff the pump will usually push it around the sort of bend I think you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant remember the last time i had an air lock on a heating system now ive said that ill get one but with better pumps and combis there realy a thing of the past in domestic properties

You are a lucky man then, I have 3 systems on my patch, all old and all a pain to fill, lucky for me one of the customers has seen the light and gone over to a sealed system but who ever put the original install in made such a lash up its still a pain to fill without ripping the floor up and finding the high spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock