Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central Heating Protector F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a can of Fernox F1 to be applied to the system via a radiator - do you close both valves and then let some water out thro the bleed valve - and then inject the contents of the can? How much water do I need to let out of radiator first?

cheers,

dave

yeh your right in closing both valves, then i would let enough water out by slight guess from the nut on rad to valve. little bowl a towel and shifter. then bleed via bleed screw or if sealed system, adjust pressure to 1 to 1 and half bar whilst bleeding rad.

oh yeh open valves again!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

It's a vented system - I presume by closing off both valves only a certain ( small ) amount of water will come out of the rad when I open the bleed screw

if you have the bottled stuff you can just pour it in the F and E tank

Hi guys,

It's a vented system - I presume by closing off both valves only a certain ( small ) amount of water will come out of the rad when I open the bleed screw

If it's the F1 Express or the F1 Superconcentrate, then as you say, close off both rad valves (remembering to count how many turns you shut the locksheild by) and release the pressure in the rad via the bleed screw.

Remove the bleed screw or cap from the rad and attach the can. empty the contents into the radiator. Be careful when removing the filling tube from the rad as the rad will now have some pressure in it.

Re-fit the bleed screw, open up the rad valves (re-setting the locksheild to it's previous position) and bleed the radiator.

Job done

Mark

if you have the bottled stuff you can just pour it in the F and E tank

no you can't !!! the missing bit is you must drain enough out the system for the chemical to enter system first! otherwise you will have a highly dosed header tank and nothing else!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Protector F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock