Search the forum,

Discuss CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
flue.jpgflue2.jpg

Not very good flashing work also needs clipping and screwing in the loft I'm afraid

I actually think I can see daylight where it joins the roof

Which is bad as it could leak tbh might be worth getting gas safe to give you a free inspection

Great shout Shaun, gives you some recourse with the company too

Jenny,

Do you have anyone close to you that can support and be with you when they come back to have a look, I saw in one of your messages that you felt a little lonely and vunerable. Please try to have someone with you as it sounds like the people on the phone are already trying to put you off having corrective work done. Please also do not agree to any further payment without a full explanation in writing of why it is required and what work will be completed. Get someone to read it or post up on here to see if it sounds ligitimate.

Best Regards
Martin.

I am going into Santander to see what they are saying re perhaps getting something back as I paid with credit card
The installers promised to phone today to let me know what was happening I waited in all day , but no call came.
They never gave me a receipt or a warranty either...They had me sign one but I got no copy saying how long the guarantee is

I am going into Santander to see what they are saying re perhaps getting something back as I paid with credit card
The installers promised to phone today to let me know what was happening I waited in all day , but no call came.
They never gave me a receipt or a warranty either...They had me sign one but I got no copy saying how long the guarantee is

Should be 7 years for the boiler

Can somebody post a phone number for Jenny to call gas safe please.

it was 3 different prices for 5yrs, 7yrs and 10 yrs
I took the 7 yrs as the 10 years was about £250 dearer

gas safe

General enquiries

0800 408 5500

hearing difficulties General enquiries

0800 408 0606

I don't enjoy pulling other peoples work apart, but that's sloppy at best and needs further checks
Call Gassafe for a free inspection

that gas safe number is no longer
They would want the installers there when they inspect ..I don't want that confrontation
npower don't want anything to do with installations

The installer doesn't have to be there. I believe courtesy is to allow them to be there

that gas safe number is no longer
They would want the installers there when they inspect ..I don't want that confrontation
npower don't want anything to do with installations

Number not valid or his gas safe no not valid

If it's the phone number it's direct off there site so should be valid

someone said to turn the "preheat " dial on the boiler from off which they had it set at to on .........................hot water heats a lot quicker but rads still heat up too...had left it in that position and they were on through the night!!! have contacted 2 different plumbers so hoping they will get back to me soon....still no calls from installers awayduring the dayfor next two days looking after grandchildren

now someone thinks this may be an old model of the boiler
hoping independent plumber arrives teatime...got another drip in the kitchen ceiling today
installers number on my phone while I was out...

any update jen?

Don't you just hate story's like this, gives us all a bad name. Apart from a deposit beforehand I would never expect the balance until all work finished and a very happy customer. You really need to get them back Stat...did they mention that you should get a certificate sent through the post from Gas Safe to say it has been registered?

Hi...update
Thurs phoned independant plumber who came yesterday to give a report
Friday spent hours between CAB (who had contacted Trading Standards) and Bank
Trad St phoned when I got home for complete story
Yesterday (Monday and now exactly 2 weeks from installation) Trad St asked me to come down for chat and bring all paperwork for them to copy and they were phoning the company
Company told them they had been trying to put it right and had left messages on my answerphone ....Trad St told them that's odd as Customer doesn't have an answerphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The indep plum had smelt gas when boiler was switched on so Ideal engineer is coming tomorrow and installers want to be there too!
Today company are sending 2 engineers up (one of which tried to sort the leaks last week and when he left I had 2 more!!!)Trad St will be there too . Company want chance to fix this but I would prefer indep plum to do it and they foot the bill with also some compensation for stress, inconvenience and damage to ceiling...which I think would be better for them than Sunday Post and Rip off Britain!!!!

company here yesterday to fit brand new boiler and do power flush..bit concerned as they lifted some floorboards in the boiler cupboard and I saw their hoses down there!!!!! Some of it was emptying onto the lawn out of a hose going outside and there was the odd bucket getting emptied ...asked if they wanted to empty into drain but they said no, the lawn would do.
Rads are all heating and water is hot
Trad St phoning today to check okay and get written letter composed re compensation...I have no idea whats a fair figure
21 days of hell
waiting in for calls
waiting for them to appear
damage to kitchen ceiling etc

Get a pro to come in and quote for all works then incorporate their fee into damages

Well done for sorting this out on your own! We have first hand experience of the carnage some of these cowboys cause, 2 of my immediate family in Glasgow just had a similar experiences with so called expert bathroom installers. Made me feel quite helpless as I am 400 miles away and could have sorted it all out in a trice.

You could have a conversation with a professional loss adjuster re compensation. Demand a copy of the contractors public liability insurance. Talk to your own insurers re compensation and refurbishment costs.

Ps make sure you get new gas safe cert for new boiler.

to be honest if they agreed on a fair figure it would all be over
They said to keep the gas cert from the old boiler as it was just the same thing!

Keep the old cert?? If we are talking the benchmark certificate here this has to be specific to the boiler that has been installed. It carries combustion information as well as gas testing information and is relevant to the specific boiler and product number

spoke too soon!
baltic here..no hot water and no CH..boiler is flashing across.."contact installer"...just as well he's coming tomorrow to see how happy I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck please keep us posted

should these hoses be under my floorboards from the power flush and soaking wet below floor

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 30
how long should a power flush take on 9 huge radiators..mine took just under 2 hoursI said some plumbers said it would take a long time but they replied saying they didn't know what they were talking about

Would say two hours too quick but it's how long is a piece of string depending how dirty your system is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock