Search the forum,

Discuss CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the power flush machine and hoses going under my floor where they lifted an old floorboard. Now it's soaking wet and you can smell it...so were they obviously flushing it out under the house..it's a 120 year old cottage with no basement

Normally a day min on a system your size, and no they shouldn't of put the drain from there flusher down there as I think you already know

I think it's time to get tough with these chancers. Go on line and brush up on the changes to the consumer act October 2015. Get gas safe on the case, when the man comes to see you ask for, no, demand a copy of the Public Liability Insurance of the installer and or main contractor, if you paid some or all of the bill with a Credit Card, not debit card, ring the credit card help line number and ask that they retract the payment as you are not happy with the work. I also think you should name and shame the company on here to protect others.

Remember me??
Boiler issue still ongoing
Trading Standards tried their best and Santander Section 75 went on for 2 months into February and they took the installers side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't speak to me or to Trading Standards
They agreed to pay me ÂŁ518 compensation and I signed the documents and was supposed to get the money straight back into my account...they are now ignoring me
They hadn't registered the second boiler and I had to fork out another ÂŁ56 to get it guaranteed for 7 years (which was supposed to be included in the overall price)..If I hadn't checked with Ideal I woud have been none the wiser the boiler whad no guarantee.
They seem to have other dissatisfied customers looking for money they too have been promised.
Got a choice of...small claim court, Facebook, Watchdog, Rogue Traders ir The Sunday Post????????????

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Being an OAP all money is precious . I feel it is taking over my life and they are getting away with it and according to Trading Standards I am very much not alone with this company

Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dan
The problem is, if nobody challenges these kind of people. Then they believe that they can get away with it. It gives everybody else a really bad name.

Reactions: Dan
Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

The point is everything is working and therefore Credit card won't help get me my comp as firm had put it all right.
The firm agreed on comp in front of the actual Trading Standards ..I have the document they sent me admitting and offering the comp by return of signing, but they won't pay up

Most lawyers will offer a free 1 hour appt to go through your options? I think it's probably a lawyer you need advice from now then. Would be worth speaking to one and they will probably right a letter to the firm fairly cheaply. May get the results..

Very poor jenny so much wrong there you need to get gas safe involved they are their to police all us gas installers , if the leak brothers wont come back and sort out their apauling work free of charge make sure they know you have informed gas safe to inspect your boiler best of luck kop .

Most lawyers will offer a free 1 hour appt to go through your options? I think it's probably a lawyer you need advice from now then. Would be worth speaking to one and they will probably right a letter to the firm fairly cheaply. May get the results..
I might have a go at that ÂŁ518 is a lot to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock