Discuss CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The installer doesn't have to be there. I believe courtesy is to allow them to be there

that gas safe number is no longer
They would want the installers there when they inspect ..I don't want that confrontation
npower don't want anything to do with installations

Number not valid or his gas safe no not valid

If it's the phone number it's direct off there site so should be valid

someone said to turn the "preheat " dial on the boiler from off which they had it set at to on .........................hot water heats a lot quicker but rads still heat up too...had left it in that position and they were on through the night!!! have contacted 2 different plumbers so hoping they will get back to me soon....still no calls from installers awayduring the dayfor next two days looking after grandchildren

now someone thinks this may be an old model of the boiler
hoping independent plumber arrives teatime...got another drip in the kitchen ceiling today
installers number on my phone while I was out...

any update jen?

Don't you just hate story's like this, gives us all a bad name. Apart from a deposit beforehand I would never expect the balance until all work finished and a very happy customer. You really need to get them back Stat...did they mention that you should get a certificate sent through the post from Gas Safe to say it has been registered?

Hi...update
Thurs phoned independant plumber who came yesterday to give a report
Friday spent hours between CAB (who had contacted Trading Standards) and Bank
Trad St phoned when I got home for complete story
Yesterday (Monday and now exactly 2 weeks from installation) Trad St asked me to come down for chat and bring all paperwork for them to copy and they were phoning the company
Company told them they had been trying to put it right and had left messages on my answerphone ....Trad St told them that's odd as Customer doesn't have an answerphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The indep plum had smelt gas when boiler was switched on so Ideal engineer is coming tomorrow and installers want to be there too!
Today company are sending 2 engineers up (one of which tried to sort the leaks last week and when he left I had 2 more!!!)Trad St will be there too . Company want chance to fix this but I would prefer indep plum to do it and they foot the bill with also some compensation for stress, inconvenience and damage to ceiling...which I think would be better for them than Sunday Post and Rip off Britain!!!!

company here yesterday to fit brand new boiler and do power flush..bit concerned as they lifted some floorboards in the boiler cupboard and I saw their hoses down there!!!!! Some of it was emptying onto the lawn out of a hose going outside and there was the odd bucket getting emptied ...asked if they wanted to empty into drain but they said no, the lawn would do.
Rads are all heating and water is hot
Trad St phoning today to check okay and get written letter composed re compensation...I have no idea whats a fair figure
21 days of hell
waiting in for calls
waiting for them to appear
damage to kitchen ceiling etc

Get a pro to come in and quote for all works then incorporate their fee into damages

Well done for sorting this out on your own! We have first hand experience of the carnage some of these cowboys cause, 2 of my immediate family in Glasgow just had a similar experiences with so called expert bathroom installers. Made me feel quite helpless as I am 400 miles away and could have sorted it all out in a trice.

You could have a conversation with a professional loss adjuster re compensation. Demand a copy of the contractors public liability insurance. Talk to your own insurers re compensation and refurbishment costs.

Ps make sure you get new gas safe cert for new boiler.

to be honest if they agreed on a fair figure it would all be over
They said to keep the gas cert from the old boiler as it was just the same thing!

Keep the old cert?? If we are talking the benchmark certificate here this has to be specific to the boiler that has been installed. It carries combustion information as well as gas testing information and is relevant to the specific boiler and product number

spoke too soon!
baltic here..no hot water and no CH..boiler is flashing across.."contact installer"...just as well he's coming tomorrow to see how happy I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck please keep us posted

should these hoses be under my floorboards from the power flush and soaking wet below floor

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 30
how long should a power flush take on 9 huge radiators..mine took just under 2 hoursI said some plumbers said it would take a long time but they replied saying they didn't know what they were talking about

Would say two hours too quick but it's how long is a piece of string depending how dirty your system is

that is the power flush machine and hoses going under my floor where they lifted an old floorboard. Now it's soaking wet and you can smell it...so were they obviously flushing it out under the house..it's a 120 year old cottage with no basement

Normally a day min on a system your size, and no they shouldn't of put the drain from there flusher down there as I think you already know

I think it's time to get tough with these chancers. Go on line and brush up on the changes to the consumer act October 2015. Get gas safe on the case, when the man comes to see you ask for, no, demand a copy of the Public Liability Insurance of the installer and or main contractor, if you paid some or all of the bill with a Credit Card, not debit card, ring the credit card help line number and ask that they retract the payment as you are not happy with the work. I also think you should name and shame the company on here to protect others.

Remember me??
Boiler issue still ongoing
Trading Standards tried their best and Santander Section 75 went on for 2 months into February and they took the installers side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't speak to me or to Trading Standards
They agreed to pay me ÂŁ518 compensation and I signed the documents and was supposed to get the money straight back into my account...they are now ignoring me
They hadn't registered the second boiler and I had to fork out another ÂŁ56 to get it guaranteed for 7 years (which was supposed to be included in the overall price)..If I hadn't checked with Ideal I woud have been none the wiser the boiler whad no guarantee.
They seem to have other dissatisfied customers looking for money they too have been promised.
Got a choice of...small claim court, Facebook, Watchdog, Rogue Traders ir The Sunday Post????????????

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Being an OAP all money is precious . I feel it is taking over my life and they are getting away with it and according to Trading Standards I am very much not alone with this company

Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dan
The problem is, if nobody challenges these kind of people. Then they believe that they can get away with it. It gives everybody else a really bad name.

Reactions: Dan
Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

The point is everything is working and therefore Credit card won't help get me my comp as firm had put it all right.
The firm agreed on comp in front of the actual Trading Standards ..I have the document they sent me admitting and offering the comp by return of signing, but they won't pay up

Most lawyers will offer a free 1 hour appt to go through your options? I think it's probably a lawyer you need advice from now then. Would be worth speaking to one and they will probably right a letter to the firm fairly cheaply. May get the results..

Very poor jenny so much wrong there you need to get gas safe involved they are their to police all us gas installers , if the leak brothers wont come back and sort out their apauling work free of charge make sure they know you have informed gas safe to inspect your boiler best of luck kop .

Most lawyers will offer a free 1 hour appt to go through your options? I think it's probably a lawyer you need advice from now then. Would be worth speaking to one and they will probably right a letter to the firm fairly cheaply. May get the results..
I might have a go at that ÂŁ518 is a lot to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Back