Discuss CH on Wiser controller doesn't fire the boiler up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just happened to be rummaging around on the Wiser web site and looked in more detail at what options they have for different systems. It appears that what they think is a "gravity" system has no pump whatsoever, not sure how well heating would work if it's totally dependent on convection! The next step up for them is a fully-pumped (vented) system with motorised valves and a cylinder thermostat.
So they just don't recognise what I though was (once) a pretty common UK setup (what I call a "gravity" system) which has a convection circuit to heat the hot water tank and a pump for the radiator circuit, all topped by open header tank(s) in the roof space. Our system didn't even have a cylinder thermostat when installed but I added one soon after we moved in.
This lack of recognition is particularly weird as my previous controller, made by Drayton, had a specific setup jumper for such systems. And it must be trivial to enable in software!

Reply to CH on Wiser controller doesn't fire the boiler up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock