Discuss changing valves without draining ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazmacker

hiya lads, all previous jobs ive always drained down and never tried this method , need to change the valves and fit a new rad , i know the bung method but is it ok to cut the pipes back a bit and solder fittings onto existing pipework going to the rad. any info appreciated gaz

tbh i dont use bungs unless the systems completely clapped out i just drain in the conventional way and would to change rad valves

cheers guys , tbh personally i woul rather drain down but you could end up with so many problems doin it , valves leaking cos they have been disturbed , rads not heating up etc !! you know what im talking about , thanks for the input gaz

Im a central heating installation engineer, I do things like this all day, everyday. Always use bung mehtod, even to fix leaking soldered fittings in airing cupboard, just remember to re-tighten drain off after releasing system pressure

if your really quick, dont bung or drain anything just go for it, bit risky but can be done.
reason people dont is domestic systems aint that big and if you have a sealed system it fill up so quick, i did a 'snatch' or two when on large systems like schools

I had a great one i did live back in Easter. New chrome rads in hall with wood flooring laid. When i refurbed the WC their was a massive void i could easily crawl in under the floor. Just cut pipe work under floor and saved having to take all the wood floor up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changing valves without draining ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi all hope all is well with everyone. Im a plumbing and heating engineer and I have worked only on domestic systems but am currently crossing...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock