Discuss Chased pipes into wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What is the minimum depth of plaster required to cover central heating pipes chased into a wall, my plumber has left about 1mm of space from the surface of pipes to the surface of the plaster, I'm doing the filling but I'm not an expert and 1mm don't seem enough to me. Can someone please advise me.

Deep enough so that with the expansion & contraction of the heating system the plaster will not crack & fall out.
IMHO Heating pipes should not be chased into walls, I don't even like it when they put the plastic pipes behind dot & dab plaster board!!
Whats the mater with surface runs & if you must then box them in or use a cover system, at least you know where they are in the future .

Too shallow, the heat from the pipes will cause expansion and it will crack.

Actually depends on the protective surface. If it’s 1mm above foam/ horsehair lagging.... it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference. If it was 1mm above copper or tape wrapped copper then yes it would.

I thought I would clarify that for you again Craig

Where’s the chase located

This one comes up often. Pipes expand and contract with heat and pressure. Simply chased into the wall and plastered over
is not correct. the finish will be compromised crack and eventually fall off. I always have
pipes put into deep buried trunking ,then covered. Thats the best way re walls
centralheatking

Reply to Chased pipes into wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock