Discuss Chased pipes into wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What is the minimum depth of plaster required to cover central heating pipes chased into a wall, my plumber has left about 1mm of space from the surface of pipes to the surface of the plaster, I'm doing the filling but I'm not an expert and 1mm don't seem enough to me. Can someone please advise me.
Defo not enough depth! My pipes had enough room to cover with pieces of 9mm plasterboard, bonding and then skimmed over.

Yes indeed, building ducting and then plastering over it seems like an effort to me.

My perspective if I'm burying pipework then it has to be joint free, like wet under floor heating.

I used to put pipes in walls on new builds and that was plastic but there was always a drama when the kitchen fitters went in. Then there would be joints in walls ripe for failure in about 10 years.

There was no time to build ducts, just metallic tape so they are picked up with a stud finder.

I suppose if you have the money and the time you could build purpose made ducts that can be accessed, much like the ones you find in modern flats.

Yes indeed, building ducting and then plastering over it seems like an effort to me.

My perspective if I'm burying pipework then it has to be joint free, like wet under floor heating.

I used to put pipes in walls on new builds and that was plastic but there was always a drama when the kitchen fitters went in. Then there would be joints in walls ripe for failure in about 10 years.

There was no time to build ducts, just metallic tape so they are picked up with a stud finder.

I suppose if you have the money and the time you could build purpose made ducts that can be accessed, much like the ones you find in modern flats.
no just use simple electrical conduit stuff with press on ft capping it dead easy centralheatking

Reply to Chased pipes into wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock