Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi is check a trade any good and how much????? Is it worth it

in the modern urban areas yes, round £700 per yr, in North Devon no, the only ones using it are 2nd home owners fm London, in 6 months net revenue of £1200 which is **** poor compared to my normal advertising medium. And yes I did get customer appraisals etc etc. But others on here seem to rely on it as the main source of advertising, for me the jury is still out.

I use facebook a lot but I am doing gas safe next year so I wanna step my game up big time get me in the gas club lol

Its not done enough at the minute to justify next years.

I generally get 30 or 40 enquiries a week. 75% of my work is via checkatrade.

Works really well for us. Before joining look at what competitors are already on there for your area. If any have loads of feedback or there are more than 3 then forget it. Customers just aren't going to call someone with 0 feedback when there is someone else on there with 100+. If you are the person with 100+ like us it works incredibly well. We've seen a lot of other plumbers and electricians join with 0 feedback then leave after a year. The reason is that customers are calling us.

Like any review based advertising method, it pays to be the first one on and it doesn't pay to be a late adopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check a trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock