Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss chimney cowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

'o-h' chimney cowl, can they be used for a gas fire terminal?

the viper book dosnt show it but i think the corgi book does. can any one confirm please?.

a neighbor is having roof work done, by a guy who has been up there on the scaffold for 3 weeks now. all i see him doing is 2 hour shifts sitting on the ridge texting!! now he has fitted one of these cowls and i am sure there not permitted on an inset fire?..
cant confirm they have not changed the original fire yet (doubt it) but need to know before i talk to them.

whats a oh cowl martin? and is the inset a true dfe or just a normal under 7kw ilfe?

it should be an ilfe, going on the estate they were all fitted with the same i believe!.

pot.gif

It would depend on mi of fire and what the terminal manufacture states.

This type if terminal is generally suitable, except on DFE. The fire will need a satisfactory spillage and flue flow, before being used though. With him texting most of the time I doubt he has done this.

Send him a text,,, and ask him if he's going to do a spillage test now he's modified the flue and brought himself under the remit of the Gas Regs, and all the legalities that go with it.

The Association of professional chimney sweeps have an excellent manual with all accepted terminals in, unfortunately you have to be a sweep to get one , my mate who does all our work condemned one similar to this as not suitable a few weeks ago , but can't be actually certain it's the same, if I get chance tomorrow I will try and get him to look.

National Association of Chimney Sweeps

Last edited:
orry is this the one on barnsley road i seen two guys doing thursday/friday

orry is this the one on barnsley road i seen two guys doing thursday/friday
Some 'H' type terminals are acceptable for DFE and all types of fire as shown in the Corgi Manual. A manufacturer told me that as long as the opening at termination point are twice the cross sectional area of the flue dimensions required then this would be an adequate termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chimney cowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock