Discuss Cistermiser faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I had a phone call this morning asking if I can have a look at a possible cistermiser fault. It's in a community centre and I have been told the cistermiser is possibly not working and the urinals are starting to smell.

I'm going there thinking it could be a possible waste pipe issue so I don't get stuck focusing on the cistermiser.

If it does turn out to be the cistermiser, are there any possible faults to look out for? Are they something that's worth repairing if possible or best to replace?

im not familiar with them and I only have about 45 minutes in the morning to diagnose.

Thanks.

you cant repair them and is the auto syphon working

Most likely cause urinals are blocked and the water to the cistern has been turned off to prevent flooding........not one of my favorite jobs you have my sympathy.....lol regards Turnpin:D

you cant repair them and is the auto syphon working

Where abouts would I find the auto siphon? Just did a quick google check and looks as though could be an easy fix if it's that.

Last edited:
Most likely cause urinals are blocked and the water to the cistern has been turned off to prevent flooding........not one of my favorite jobs you have my sympathy.....lol regards Turnpin:D

:)

Will be a first for me. Not something I'm familiar with working on but if I say no I'll never learn.

Where abouts would I find the auto siphon? Just did a quick google check and looks as though could be an easy fix if it's that.

in the cistern :D

Auto syphons are different sizes depending on how many urinals are fed from the cistern ....both in height and the diameter of the syphon outlet....if this turn's out to be the fault take the old one with you to your merchant for an exact replacement......best of luck regards Turnpin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistermiser faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock